Early Bird Registration for the PACFA Conference 2012
Theme: What Works? An exploration of effectiveness in counselling and psychotherapy
Venue: Treacy Centre, The Avenue, Parkville, Melbourne
Date: Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 October 2012 with pre-conference workshop on 26 October
PACFA’s 2012 Conference is fast approaching with Early Bird Registrations closing on Friday 28 September. The early bird prices are $360 for members of PACFA Member Associations and $260 for student members. There is also a pre-conference workshop led by Professor Robert King on Friday 26 October for $150.
Attendance at the conference counts as 14 hours of Professional Development for PACFA Registrants and the research workshop is another 5 hours PD.
This year’s keynote speakers will be:
• Professor Robert King PhD, FAPS – What does the evidence tell us about evidence-based practice?
• A. Roy Bowden MSW (Hons) MNZAP – Moving beyond ‘self’ and ‘the other’ to discover what works
The conference includes presentations and workshops from the following leaders in the field:
• Professor Russell Griggs – Psychoanlysis for the 21st century: A Lacanian looks at the challenges we face
• Dr. Catherine Hungerford – What works in mental health
• Dr. Cathy Kezelman – Trauma informed care
• Dr. Cath McGrath – The research evidence of the Conversational Model
• Christina Nielsen – Holistic counselling and psychotherapy effectiveness
• Claire Taubert: Co- Emergent change: how it works – a case study
• Dr. Keith Tudor – Transactional Analysis works: The evidence base for Transactional Analysis and the basis of evidence for therapy
• Dr. Michelle Webster – The effectiveness of Emotionally Focused Therapy